Friday, February 26, 2010

Slow Cooker Convert

Don't get spoiled now, yes, 2 blogs in 2 days.
But I just have to report on the slow cooking.
Last night I set of into a new culinary adventure, slow cooking.
Found a recipe, got the groceries, and even prepared the ingredients that needed cutting. This morning, I quickly tossed the couple of ingredients that needed to be sauteed in the skillet while preparing my breakfast and enjoying my morning coffee. Mixing it all together in the slow cooker resulted in just a nice amount for the 1/2 2/3rd requirement, slowcooker on low, and off to work; not much later than usual. Seems even when additional preparation is required, with a little thinking ahead, it doesn’t require getting out of bed any earlier. (+1)

Arriving home
When I cook rice on a timer, and arriving home having the place smell all nice after the fresh rice is wonderful. But today, the sent was less oriental, and all the more Mexican. It kind of reminds me of a Mexican restaurant. In my own kitchen, without much effort (big +1) I did worry a bit about it drying out maybe, as the recipe time was a little less than the time I had been out for work, but, a quick look in the pot convinced me I didn’t had to worry; plenty of liquid left. And I can’t resist the smell, so I’ll have a quick taste…

Oh my, that is good. Maybe I should have reduced the green pepper a bit more, as the flavor is quite clearly present, although not too overwhelming. Can’t wait for dinner time!



Was anybody keeping score? In any case, after a little bump at the start, I have become a slow cooker convert; that meal was great. (+1 if you’re still counting). And still half a pot left to freeze, for another great dinner another day (yes, another +1).

1 comment: