Wednesday, August 13, 2003

One month gone

I'm here for one month now, and still don't speak much more Japanese then I did when I arrived here. However, I think I already can call this place home. I have found ways to do my shopping and getting around, with the limited Japanese I know. I owe a lot to my friends though, both the other international students here, as well as the Japanese. I think the main reason why this place feels like home already, is them. Not like we are doing things together all the time, but just knowing you have them as a friend somewhere around... However, I need not to forget the Japanese in general, they are such a nice people, that helps a lot as well. Even without many words they are capable of making you feel welcome. A very nice quality if you'd ask me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment