Monday, July 14, 2003

First day

It was only a one hour flight to London, so that was no problem, but the flight to Tokyo was actually 11 hours and 40 minutes. Now THAT was a long flight. Actually, I don't know most of it, after about 3 hours flying I fell asleep and less than 2 hours before landing I woke up again.

I was told that the weather in Tokyo would be hot and humid, well, it was kinda humid, but it was only 20 degrees Celsius with a nice breeze! So that wasn't too bad. Anyway, after landing I still had a two hour bus ride to Atsugi City, a little town(220.000 inhabitants), especially compared with Tokyo(10 million), through wich we drove on our way. (so much little houses at so little space!) my colleague Keiji Shimada picked me up from Hon-Atsugi station and helped me to my appartment. It actually wasn't as small as I expected, only the bathroom is very tiny! Thereafter we walked to the ATX building, where I will be working the next year, and I met my 3 other colleagues. Yoshi Nogoshi is my boss, and the other 2 names I don't remember exactly anymore. After a little talking we went to have dinner together (Keiji, Yoshi and me) in a noodle restaurant just outside the ATX tower. I had "parent" (or that is how it translates) rice with chicken and egg. Quite good! After that Keiji showed my a convenience store on the walk back. That evening I unpacked my suitcase and went to bed full with new impressions to dream about...

No comments:

Post a Comment